Call Forwarding Support
The Call Forwarding Variable allows the subscriber to forward all incoming calls to another number.
- On line to be forwarded, customer picks up handset, then presses *72 on the telephone keypad. The Citynet switch will play confirmation tones followed by a dial tone indicating the feature is available.
- Customer then dials the number 10 digit (area code + number, for example 304-848-5401) number where calls will be forwarded, and waits for confirmation tones, followed by a dial tone. This indicates the Call Forwarding has been programmed and is now active.
- Citynet recommends customer makes a test call to confirm Call Forwarding is activated.
- On line to remove forwarding, customer picks up handset, then presses *73 on the telephone keypad. The Citynet switch will play confirmation tones followed by a dial tone indicating the feature has been deactivated.
- Citynet recommends customer makes a test call to confirm Call Forwarding has been de-activated.
a. Feature will always remain on the line, however calls will only forward when feature us Activated.
b. When Call Forwarding is activated no notification of a call receipt (ringing or alerting) will be presented to the line.
c. Call origination is not affected by Call Forward Variable thereby allowing outbound calls on the line with the feature active.
d. Billing for Call Forwarded calls uses the number that has the Call Forwarding activated as the originating number for the call.
e. Call Forwarding Variable activated on a Pilot (primary) Number of a hunt group will forward all lines in the hunt group.
Should any issues arise with the activation or de-activation of this feature, please contact the Citynet Technical Center at 800-881-2638.