SMARTnet Service At a Glance | SMARTnet Data Sheet | SMARTnet Q&A
SMARTnet Simplified. Let a Citynet SMARTnet Specialist explain the comprehensive benefits and the ease of deployment. Just email us at SMARTnet@citynet.net or call 800.903.8906
REFRESH YOUR TECHNOLOGY'S FEATURES WITH REGULAR SOFTWARE UPDATES
Technology Refresh is the process of enhancing or "refreshing" the power and capabilities of your network through regular software maintenance updates and releases to:
- The Cisco IOS software running on your Cisco device.
- Additional Cisco network application software that you may be using on your network.
As enhancements are made throughout the life cycles of Cisco applications, IOS and application software updates and releases are provided via Cisco.com. Regularly updating Cisco equipment with new software maintenance, major, and minor releases empowers your networks with the latest capabilities to help you maximize the return on your investment while limiting the occurrence of revenue-impacting downtime on your network. In some cases, the flat fee associated with a service contract is equal to or less than the cost you would pay for software updates and new releases on a case-by-case basis.
24x365 ACCESS TO CISCO.com ONLINE TOOLS, TRAINING & RESOUCES
There are extensive online resources and tools available on Cisco.com for Cisco customers who have a Cisco service contract. This site holds valuable information and tools to help your staff rapidly solve network issues and update their own networking knowledge. In fact, the self-help technical support resources available on Cisco.com through your Cisco service contract are so comprehensive that customers have found up to 80 percent of service problems can be quickly resolved by using them.
This award-winning, industry-leading online support and information system includes interactive consulting tools, a comprehensive database, and knowledge transfer resources. Cisco.com is your access to the robust set of Cisco technical tools and product information, which increases self-sufficiency and builds in-house expertise for improved productivity.
Online troubleshooting tools and support resources include:
- Software downloads: Get the latest updates, patches, and releases of Cisco software.
- Software Advisor: Choose appropriate software for your network device by matching software features to Cisco IOS Software and Cisco Catalyst OS releases, comparing Cisco IOS Software releases or determining which software releases support your hardware.
- Bug Toolkit: Quickly find software bug fixes based on version and feature sets.
- TAC case collection: Interactively diagnose common problems involving hardware, configuration, and performance issues with solutions provided by TAC engineers.
- Error message decoder: Look up explanations for console error message strings listed in the Cisco Software System Messages guide.
- Command Lookup Tool: Look up a detailed description for a particular Cisco IOS Software, Cisco Catalyst or Cisco PIXR or ASA command.
- Output Interpreter: Receive instant troubleshooting analysis and course of action for your router, switch, or Cisco PIX device using collected show command output.
- Access to over 90,000 technical documents, including product and technology integration documentation for Cisco and third-party products as well as troubleshooting guides and release notes.
- Cisco.com Online Service Request Management Tool, allowing you to reduce the time you spend submitting and tracking service requests.
- A peer-to-peer online forum allows you to share questions, suggestions, and information with other networking professionals.
- A personalized Web portal, "My Tech Support," allows you to find the information you need in one place, customized to your network, including new software releases, bug reports and repairs, and troubleshooting tools.
24x7x365 ACESS TO CISCO'S TECHNICAL SUPPORT EXPERTS (TAC)
The Cisco TAC provides you with award-winning, worldwide support for your Cisco products using the Web, e-mail, or telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your Cisco service contract puts you directly in touch with Cisco's technical support experts and engineers to rapidly solve network issues and help you mitigate future problems. Highlights include:
- Industry-recognized service excellence: Cisco technical service is consistently ranked among the best by independent surveys and analysts, including J.D. Powers, the Walker Survey, and the Yankee Group.
- Expert assistance: To complement your in-house resources, the Cisco TAC employs a highly skilled staff that offers you years of networking experience, including many customer support engineers with networking and CCIE® certifications as well as research and development engineers. Cisco engineers hold more than 800 U.S.-issued patents, are often asked to speak at technical conferences, and have authored numerous industry white papers and books.
- Faster resolution: The Cisco TAC provides constant measurement of customer satisfaction and time-to-resolution tracking, including an automated escalation sequence beginning one hour after submittal of level 1 and level 2 issues, resulting in John Chambers intervention after 48 hours for any level 1 problem.
- Visibility into issue resolution status: You are kept up-to-date on all changes to your case through e-mail notifications and personalized handoffs between you and Cisco TAC engineers if your case warrants a move due to the nature of the issue, or a change occurs in work shift.
- High level of knowledge: The Cisco TAC offers depth and breadth of expertise with Cisco devices and operating system software, as well as a broad range of networking environments (such as voice, video, and data communications) and technologies (such as access dial, Cisco IP Telephony, LAN switching, optical networking, security, content delivery networks [CDNs], storage area networks [SANs], IP routing, and wireless). Cisco TAC engineers have a minimum of five years of industry experience, and Cisco provides continuous training to help ensure our technical staff stays current with the latest technologies.
- Support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in multiple languages: By e-mail or telephone, the Cisco TAC is there when you need it.
RAPID DELIVERY OF SPARE PARTS TO KEEP YOUR NETWORK UP & RUNNING
Cisco inventories components and devices across a global network of depots. Should a chassis component, supervisor engine, line card, or other part fail, your Cisco service contract gives you advanced replacement access to Cisco's depots before the problem unit or part has been returned to the vendor. It provides the fastest resolution of hardware problems and is designed to meet your network availability requirements.
Premium spare parts delivery options are available to provide response times of as little as two hours for your most business-critical network devices.
Advance Replacement rapid delivery options are generally not included as part of warranty support. Under warranty, it may take as long as 10 days for a spare part to arrive at your location. SmartNet gets you the parts you need, when you need them.